Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Little Black Dress

Yesterday, I stopped at Kohl's to make an exchange. After making my selections I headed for the checkout. I was so proud of myself for not straying from my mission. But, the checkout was soooo long. Plus, I had an hour before picking Griffin up from nursery school.

So…

I start looking at other merchandise. Then, I saw it. It was a little black dress from Dana Buchman with a subtle cheetah print and a hint of purple. Ooh la la la!  Tracy would be lovin' this. Plus, it was only $38.

So…

I frantically search the rack for my size. Out of the corner of my eye, I see another shopper looming over me. Despite having 5-6 inches on me, I give her my best smile, block her, and grab the size I want. She wants the same size but the one dress I have is it. She tries to distract me into giving it up. But, I think about how devastated Tracy would be. A night out without this dress just wouldn't end the same way.

So…

I stand my ground, make her laugh about my inability to give up the dress and head for the checkout.

1 comment:

Anna C Shade Jewelry & Metalwork said...

You go girl! I would have done the same thing. Great post!